Get to know us
About Pie Insurance
Pie Insurance is modernizing small business insurance, starting with workers’ comp, by automating the entire coverage experience. Pie combines innovative technology, sophisticated analytics, and industry expertise to provide small businesses and the partner agents who serve them with simple, trusted, and affordable coverage. Compared to traditional insurance, Pie’s use of advanced analytics enables quotes in 3 minutes and savings of up to 30% for small businesses. Pie auto-decides 73% of class codes so partner agents can save time finding coverage for their clients.
Founded: 2017 (first policy sold in 2018)
Headquarters: Denver, CO and Washington, DC
Employees: >260 full-time Pie-oneers and growing (We’re hiring!)
Funding: More than $300M. Investors include Allianz X, Acrew Capital, SVB Capital, Gallatin Point Capital, Greycroft, Aspect Ventures, Sirius Group, Moxley Holdings, and Elefund.
Structure: managing general agent for Sirius America
Market: 36 states and Washington, DC
Coverage: nearly 70 percent of all workers’ comp insurance class codes
Download our media assets
Review the legal terms for guidelines on use.
- Pie Insurance grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-sublicenseable license to use the Marks in any Media and for any lawful use that does not compete with products and services offered by Pie Insurance, its affiliates or any subsidiaries, on the terms set forth in this Agreement. You will use the Marks only in the size, placement and colors provided.
- You will only use these Marks in close proximity to, or in obvious connection with, a published article or broadcast news story about Pie Insurance, a Pie Insurance employee, or a Pie Insurance product or service.
- You must obtain Pie Insurance’s prior written consent to use the Marks in any way that is in violation of these Terms.
- You will not depict the Marks in any manner or in any materials that would tend to denigrate, disparage, tarnish, present in a false light, or otherwise reflect negatively on the Marks, Pie Insurance, its officers, directors or employees or any of its affiliates, or any of Pie Insurance’s respective products or services or the insurance industry. You will not use the Marks in relation to any unlawful activity or that encourages or promotes unlawful activity.
- Pie Insurance may revoke this license at any time and for any reason by providing written notice to you. Upon receipt of such notice, you will immediately cease using and will remove from any media the Marks.
- You acknowledge that (a) Pie Insurance is the owner of the Marks and all goodwill related thereto, and (b) all use of the Marks under this Agreement and any goodwill accruing from such use will be for the sole benefit of Pie Insurance. By use of the Marks you will not acquire any rights to such Marks. You agree not to dispute or challenge, or assist any Person in disputing or challenging, Pie Insurance’s rights in and to the Marks or the validity of the Marks.
- You acknowledge that neither Pie Insurance nor any other person has made or makes any representation or warranty, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, all of which are expressly disclaimed.
- You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Pie Insurance, its affiliates, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns, from and against any claims, judgments, damages, liabilities, settlements, losses, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and disbursements arising from or relating to any breach by you of the terms of this letter.
- Pie Insurance will not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of using, modifying, contributing, reproducing, distributing, or downloading the Marks, or any exercise of the rights granted by these Terms by you. In no event will Pie Insurance be liable to you for direct, special, consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or exemplary damages, however caused, whether for breach of warranty, contract, tort negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You will not assign or otherwise transfer any of your rights, or delegate, subcontract, or otherwise transfer any of your obligations under this Agreement. Any purported assignment, delegation, or transfer in violation of this paragraph is void. Pie Insurance may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement without your consent.
- This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the Washington, District of Columbia in any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time and posting the revised Terms on the Pie Insurance website will be notice to you of such changes. You should check the Terms periodically for changes. Unless otherwise indicated, all changes are effective upon posting and will supersede all previous versions. Your continued use of the Marks after any change to these Terms constitutes your agreement to be bound by all provisions of the most current Terms as posted on the Site. If you disagree with these Terms or any changes to the Terms your only option is to discontinue your use of the Marks. We may, in our sole discretion, with or without cause, terminate these Terms at any time without prior notice or liability to you or anyone else.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, with respect to such subject matter.
The horizontal, full-color logo is our preferred logo. When the primary logo is not appropriate—for instance, when there is a lack of contrast between the logo and the background—please request an alternate version by emailing media[at]pieinsurance.com.
To maintain consistent brand recognition and familiarity, Pie Insurance logos must not be altered in any way.
It’s important to keep a defined space around the Pie logo in which no other objects should enter. Using the letter “E” as a mark, the minimum required space around our logo is 2 E’s when scaled proportionally to the logo.
Take care to maintain the integrity of all elements. All logotype and any trademark notations must be readable; in no case should the logo appear at such a small size that these conditions are not met.
Print: Minimum acceptable size is 1.25 in. or 31.75 mm wide
Digital: Minimum acceptable size is 140 px wide
Meet the entire team and learn more about our executives on our leadership page. To request additional photos or alternative resolutions, email media[at]pieinsurance.com.
Pie Insurance is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and Washington, DC. To request additional photos or alternative resolutions, email media[at]pieinsurance.com.